Tips to start the New Year

Here's are some tips for a New You
and a New Year...



Take Baby Steps
When it comes to New Year's resolutions, people often set multiple big goals to achieve simultaneously. It's great to be motivated, but diving into a lot of change all at once is a recipe for burnout. Instead, start with one habit, and once you've got a handle on it, move slowly onto the next.
  • Says MUSICGIRL0604: ''Start with something--anything. For example, I felt I needed more water. After a day or two of eight cups a day, I felt more energy for exercise. After a day or two of at least 10 minutes of exercise a day, I felt a desire to try to eat healthier and cleaner. Pick one thing that will be easy for you to stick with and see where it goes from there!''


Always Have a Plan (And Back-Ups)
When you fail to plan, you're at the mercy of whatever life throws your way--whether it be unhealthy snacks in the office vending machine, or a traffic jam that prevents you from getting to your exercise class on time. When it comes to eating right and getting in your fitness minutes, always have a ''Plan A'' and a ''Plan B'' to ensure that you're never left unprepared for life's little obstacles. These SparkPeople members agree:
  • ''I plan everything for the week--when I will work out, what I will eat, etc. When I know that I will be indulging due to a party or other celebration, I exercise extra that day and eat a smaller lunch.''--LANEYTHEGIRL
  • ''I pre-cook my meals for the week on the weekend and put them in the freezer. This way, I'm sure that what I cook is healthy and true to my weight-loss goals. A great idea for busy people!''--REK713
  • ''By planning ahead, you are less likely to fall prey to poor choices. Consider this: You get home exhausted from working late or going to the gym. If you've planned ahead, you will have something cooked up and ready to go, or at least have a quick recipe picked out to make. If you haven't planned, you're more likely to get take-away food, or ''naughty'' stuff. Plan, plan, plan, and everything gets easier--including losing weight!''--CANDY297



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WW Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta

Mondays....